Avana containing the active ingredient avanafil which is a PDE5 inhibitor (phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor) type of medication. It increases blood flow to certain parts of the body by relaxing the muscles. It blocks PDE5 in smooth muscle cells lining the blood vessels supplying corpus cavernosum to the penis.
This medication should be taken orally with or without food, 30 minutes prior to sexual activity. Patients usually start with an initial dose of 100mg; with additional dosages depending upon patient’s reaction to the medication.the medication should be taken once in 24 hours. The medication will not cause a reaction without any sexual stimulation, erection will not occur by only taking the pill. Erections lasting over 4 hours can cause permanent damage to the penis.
How to use:
The tablet should be swallowed whole along with a large glass of water. It can be taken on empty stomach. The tablet should not be crushed, split, chewed or dissolved. This medication will not cause an erection on its own and must be accompanied by sexual stimulation.
The uses of the medication are:
Avana is an oral medication which is prescribed to men for erectile dysfunction which operates by relaxing the smooth muscle in the corpus cavernosum to increase blood flow to the penis.
The various drug interactions shown by this medication are as follows:
- When used with amprenavir, the blood levels of the avanafil get increased.
- When avanafil is used with atazanavir, blood levels of avanafil is increased which can results in increase of side effects.
- When used with amyl nitrite, blood pressure can get fall.
The use of the medication is strictly contraindicated to the following cases:
- The medication should not be used by women, children or patients taking other nitrate medications.
Some of the precautionary measures that are need to be taken while using this medication is:
- If the person has allergic or hypersensitive reaction, seek medical attention. Symptom like swelling, chest tightness, skin rashes, difficulty in breathing.
- Doctor should be informed about the pregnancy or breastfeeding condition or any kind of vitamin supplements if person is taking.
- If there are conditions like peptic ulcers, blood cell disorder, physical deformity of the penis, heart disease, retinitis pigmentosa, it should be informed to the doctor.
The side effects of the drug are mentioned as follows:
- Headache, dizziness, flushing, nasal congestion, back pain
- Loss of vision or loss of hearing or stomach pain.
- Swelling or pain of the extremities
- Chest in pain, chest tightness or difficulty in breathing.
Overdosing should not be done. In case if overdosing symptoms appears, visit to the nearest hospital immediately.
The dose should be taken one hour prior to the sexual activity. In case if one forgets to take the dose, and indulge in sexual activity, the dose should be taken as soon as get remember.
The drug should be stored properly at room temperature. It should be kept away from children and pets.
|Generic||Avanafil 100mg Tablet|