Avana contains Avanafil as the active drug; it belongs to a group of medicines known as “Phosphodiesterases type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors”. During sexual stimulation, the nitric oxide releases from the penile region which starts the production of cGMP in smooth muscles of the penis. The cGMP is a substance which expands blood vessels of penis and enlarges the penile blood flow; this leads to get firm erection of penis. The chemical cGMP destroys by PDE-5 enzyme and relaxes the smooth muscle of the penis region to the normal and blood leaves the penis and erection ends.
Why to take Avana?
Avana is used for treating erectile dysfunction or impotence in men.
Drug Avana is not for everybody. It is contraindicated in certain condition.
- · If the individual is having hypersensitive to avanafil or any of its ingredients
- It is not to be meant for women and adolescent.
- Individual who has a recent heart attack or stroke in last 6 months
- Individuals having severe kidney or liver disorder.
- Individual who is taking organic nitrate or suffering from angina pectoris.
Intake of certain drug should be avoided or take with caution while taking this rug.
- Avoid intake of Nitrate drugs or the drug used to treat angina pectoris, Such as isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate because with Avana it results in a serious fall in B.P
- Avoid intake of Alpha-Blockers like terazosin, Prazosin, doxazocin because in combination, it leads to severe fall in blood pressure.
- Avoid intake of Other Phosphodiesterases inhibitors (PDE-5) used for erectile dysfunction like Sildenafil, Vardenafil, tadalafil,
- HIV drugs such as ritonavir, saquinavir because in combination it increases the toxicity of Avana.
- CYP3A4 Inhibitors such as Telithromycin, clarithromycin, Indinavir. Ketoconazole and nelfinavir.
- Stored at room temperature (below 30 ᵒC)
- Keep away from direct sunlight and in a cool place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
What are the doses of Avana?
- The dose of Avana varies from 50 mg to 200 mg in different individuals depending upon the age, acceptability and condition of the patients.
- It is suggested to be administered orally with or without food 15min prior of sexual activity. It starts acting in 30 minutes and its effects last for 6 hours. Frequency of taking Avana should be a one tablet in a period of 24 hours.
What to do in case of missing a dose?
This medicine is intended to be taken only when needed so possibility of missing the dose does not exist.
What to do in case of over dosage with Avanafil?
Overdoes symptoms include dizziness, nausea and hypertension. Treatment is based on the overdose symptoms.
What are the unwanted effects of Avanafil?
Avanafil is a safe drug as compare to other drug used to treat ED. but it has some undesirable effects like headache, running nose, skin flushing, spinal pain and dizziness can occur. Some serious side effects are seen in patients (less than 1%) taking Avanafil include chest pain (angina), painful erection which lasts for more than 4 hours, distressed breathing, bleeding from nose, blood in urine, infection of the urinary tract
- Avoid intake of alcohol, it may cause dizziness
- Don’t take more than 1 tablet in a day.
- · It works only when there is a sexual stimulation.
- · It will not guard you from sexually transmitted disease.
- · Avoid intake of grapefruit juice.
|Generic||Avanafil 200mg Tablet|