Generic Latanoprost is a prostaglandin analogue. It is used to manage glaucoma. Glaucoma is an eye problem characterized by increased intraocular pressure. Further, the progression of this condition cause damage of the eye nerve that leads to blindness.
This medication is available in yellowish in color, but oily in nature. It should be stored at room temperature. Keep this medication out of the reach of domestic pets and children. The bottle should be disposed after 4 weeks of its opening.
This medicine is generic version and it is available at a reasonable price. It is very popular in market because it works in a shorter period of time.
This medication is used in the following conditions:
- Glaucoma or ocular hypertension to reduce the intraocular pressure.
The side effects of this medication are seen in only 1-3% of users. Some of the common but rare side effects are mentioned here:
- Blurred vision
- Redness of eye
- Darkening under the eye skin
- Blurring of vision
- Irritation of the eye
- Pain I the eye
Generic Latim xalacom latanoprost can interact with other drugs causing many side effects. So it is important to tell your health care provider before applying this medication if you are under any other medication.
This Generic eye solution is recommended to use only once in a day, at bed time.
Method to use:
Wash your hands before using the eye drop. Maintain a strict hygiene while using the solution. Avoid contamination. Do not touch the lid with your finger it can contaminate the solution. For glaucoma, apply only one drop of solution in each affected eye. Close the eye for few minutes after application.
Ask your doctor for proper guidance regarding the application method.
You should take the missed it as soon as it is remembered on the same day. Skip the missed dose if you recall it at the time of next time. Do not take double dose to compensate the missed one.
Consult your doctor immediately if you take an overdose.
- You should never use this medication if you are allergic to this medication.
- Tell your doctor if you are experiencing problems like iritis, eye infection or uveitis.
- Tell your doctor if you have any past or present history of eye problem or eye surgery.
- Do not perform any activities that need visual alert after using this medication because it can cause temporary blurred vision.
- Pregnant and breast-feeding women should always seek for medical advice before using this eye solution.
|Generic||Latanoprost with Timolol|
|Strength||Latanoprost with Timolol|