Bimatoprost is a popular eye drop. It is one of the demanded medications used to grow the eyelashes. The active ingredient of this medication is Bimatoprost which is an analogue. Bimatoprost works wonderful making your eyelashes thicker, blackish, and longer with improving their density.
It is also a helpful medication for the purpose of glaucoma wherein it reduces the intraocular pressure by facilitating drainage of aqueous humor fluid from the eyes.
This medication should be according to the instruction of doctors because the dosage depends on the type of the condition of the patient.
The patient should use Bimatoprost eye drop according to the prescription given by the doctor. The usual dose of this medication is one drop of solution each day, at bedtime.
How to use:
It is very important to wash your hand before using this medication to avoid infection. Remove all your eye make-ups before application, even the contact lens if you use. Use the applicator provided with the pack to apply the solution. You should apply it on the margin of the eyelid from inner part to outer part of the eyelashes. If you are confused, ask your doctor for proper guidance of application. Blot the excess solution of Bimatoprost with a tissue paper. Always remember not to apply the solution at the lower eyelids.
Missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember it. But do not apply it near the next dose, because double dose can cause complications. If you remember the missed dose at the time of next dose, skip the missed dose.
Do not use an overdose; it may lead to side effects. Call your doctor immediately if you apply an overdose.
You should visit your doctor or call your doctor immediately if you catch any side effect. Some of the possible side effects of Bimatoprost eye drop are:
- Vision change
- Redness of eye
- Discoloration of the iris
- Itching of eyelid
- Pain in the eye
This medication can interact with other medication. Some of the drugs are:
- Herbal products
- Prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter medication
This list is not complete. Please, tell your doctor if you are using any other drug.
- If the solutions reach inside the eye accidently, you don’t have to rinse or be panic, because it does not harm your eyes.
- Care should be taken to maintain hygiene during the use of this medication.
- Avoid contamination, closing the cap tightly.
- Do not touch the tip of the container.
- Use only the applicator while applying this eye solution.
- Change the applicator after each use.
- Tell your health care provider if you are under any other medication before using this eye drop.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any medical issue.
- Consult before using this solution if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not use this medication if you are allergic to any ingredient of the medication.
|Generic||Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution|
|Strength||Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution|