This medication should be taken only under the supervision of your gynecologist. Always take a dose as prescribed by your doctor. After completing the dose, visit your doctor again to confirm whether the termination is completed.
Mifepristone and Misoprostol, are both synthetic derivative hormones. They functions by suppression the action of female hormone Progesteron. They are considered as the safest contraception.
This medication should be stored at room temperature, and protected from heat and light. Keep the abortion pills out of the reach of children and pets.
Always take abortion pills after consulting with your doctor. Dosage should be always decided by your gynecologist.
Three dose of Mifepristone 200mg should be taken orally. This should be followed by taking Misoprostol tablets in the next 3-4 days.
The abortion pill should be used in empty stomach. If you had meal, give a gap of at least 2 hours before taking this, medication.
Side Effects of Abortion Pill:
Abortion pills may also cause some side effects on the patient such as:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Vaginal bleeding
- Uterine infection
- Lower abdominal cramps
- Skin allergy
This list is not complete. You may develop some other symptom also during the use of this contraceptive pill. If it is so, contact your doctor as early as possible.
The possible drugs interactions occur with abortion pill are:
- Anti-fungals such as itraconazole, ketoconazole etc.
- Anti-biotics like erythromycin.
- Anticonvulsants like phenytoin.
- Barbiturates like phenobarbitone.
- Anesthetic agent.
This list is not complete one. Some other drugs may also react with this abortion pill.
Precautions taken during the use of Abortion Pill:
Abortion pill may not suit in all the women who take this medicine. This medication should be avoided in some people with some particular conditions. Therefore you should always consult with your health care provider before using this medication. Some of the conditions wherein you should always remember some important points while using abortion pill are:
- Do not use it if you are allergic to any components of the drug.
- Avoid this drug if you have any history of prostaglandin analogue reaction.
- If you are malnourished.
- Do not use if you have pregnancy.
- Tell your doctor if you have conditions like heart disease, liver problems, renal disease, respiratory problem or any blood disorder.
- If you have bleeding problem.
- If you are suffering from anemia.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast feeding.
|Generic||Mifepriston with Misoprostol Abortion Pills Mtp kit|
|Strength||Mifepristone with Misoprostol Kit (Abortion Pill)|