Cytotec is actually prescribed to reduce chance of stomach ulcer occurrence, particularly in the people who use NSAIDS for long duration. It is also a good option of treating condition like abortion or termination of unwanted pregnancy. It is used only in the early pregnancy for the purpose of abortion. You can use it after 49 days of pregnancy. The active ingredient of this drug is which a prostaglandin analog. This medication should be used with caution, under the guidance of your physician. Cytotec is proven as one of the best and effective contraceptive medication, used in females.
This medication is available at a reasonable price, and supplied in the form of tablet. Dosage of Cytotec: Always read carefully the leaflet of this medication. Dosage should be decided by your doctor. Follow your doctor’s instructions properly to have a positive result. The route of administration of this medication is oral that should be consumed after having meal, with glass of water.
Cytotec may interact with some other medication like:
• Drugs containing the similar components.
• Prescribed drugs.
• Non-prescribed drugs.
• Herbal products.
• Other. Side Effect: Like other drugs, this medication also has some effects besides its benefits.
The most common side effects are:
• Stomach pain Apart from these, you may also have some symptoms during the use of thia drugs. So, you should always contact your health care provider if you develop any unusual symptoms. Some of the rare but serious side effects are mentioned below:
• Allergic reactions such as itching, rash, hives, difficulty breathing, chest pain.
• Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
• Blood in the urine
• Abnormal menstrual period
• Hearing problem or deafness
• Irregular heartbeat
• Blurred vision This list is not a complete one. So, we strongly suggest you to consult with your doctor, if you catch other side effects which are bothering you. Missed dose and Overdose: If you miss a dose, it is better to talk to your doctor. Do not take an extra dose to compensate the missed because it can cause serious complications for your heath. In case, if you take an overdose or extra dose, call your health care provider immediately for medical help. Precaution: Even though, Cytotec is a very effective and beneficial option for termination of unwanted pregnancy, it should not be prescribed in certain medical conditions.
So patient should always remember some important preventive or precautionary steps while using this medication, like:
• Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
• Inform or tell your doctor if you are taking any prescription, on-prescription drugs, vitamins, herbal products or any other supplements.
• Do not take it if you are allergic to it or any other medication without the knowledge of your doctor
• Tell your doctor if you have any medical issue like high blood pressure, cardiac disease, liver problem, renal disease diabetes or any thyroid related problem.
|Generic||MISOPROSTOL (Cytotec )|
|Strength||Cytotec - Misoprostol Tablets|