Femilon is a combination of two chief vigorous ingredients such as Desogestrel and Ethinyl estradiol. It normally acts by preventing the process of ovulation in females.
Femilon prevents the unwanted pregnancy by several ways-
- Femilon avoid the release of an egg by the ovary of the feminine.
- This drug changes the cervical fluid, it makes the viscosity of cervical fluid very thick so that it causes the difficulty for the sperms to attain the egg and avoid the fertilization process in ladies.
- Femilon modify the lining of uterus and makes the difficulty for implantation in females.
Medicinal uses of Femilon
Femilon is indicated for the treatment of following disorders-
- It is utilized in the handling of abnormal indications related to menopause like vaginal dryness, hot flushes and burning sensation in the vagina of females.
- Valvar atrophy
- Breast cancer and prostate cancer
- Osteoporosis and prevention of bone fractures
- Ovarian cysts
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Irregular menstruation
Dosages of Femilon
Femilon is available in the different doses like 0.5mg, 1mg and 2mg. It is an orally administered tablet and it is administered via the oral route and swallows the whole tablet with a full glass of water. Don’t get this prescription in larger or smaller quantity. Don’t utilize more than 1 tablet of Femilon within a day.
What to do in case of missed doses of Femilon?
If you skip any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as possible within a window of frame of 12 hours. Double dose of Femilon should be avoided.
What to do in case of overdose of Femilon?
If you face any overdose indications of Femilon call your gynecologist without a delay and get an emergency medical help.
Femilon and other drug interactions
Certain medicines may interact with Femilon are-
- Antiepileptic drugs like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine and Phenobarbital
- St. John Wort
- Tranexamic acid
Contraindications of Femilon
This medicine is not intended under the given medical conditions-
- If a female is oversensitive to Desogestrel and Ethinyl estradiol.
- If a female having any type of blood disorder like anemia and leukemia.
- If you have any type of cancer like breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and thyroid cancer.
- It is not taken by the children under the age of 12 years.
- Lactating mothers should avoid the consumption of this medicine.
Adverse effects of Femilon
Some more common side effects occur while using Femilon-
- Stomach ache
- Breast pain
- Severe headache
- Vaginal itching or discharge
- irregular menstruation
- Light vaginal bleeding
Severe adverse effects of Femilon are-
- Breast pain
- Urinary tract infection
Safety steps should be followed while taking this Femilon-
- Don’t get grapefruit and its juices along with Femilon.
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages is avoided along with this therapy.
- This medicine is not safe for pregnant ladies.
- Don’t utilize this drug, in case of uterine fibroid tumors and endometriosis.
- If a female have removed her uterus, she don’t use Femilon.
- Cigarette smoking should be strictly contraindicated along with this drug.
|Generic||Desogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol|
|Strength||Desogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol|