MTP kit comprises of 5 tablets in which one tablet is of generic Mifepristone (200mg) and four tablets are of generic Misoprostol (200mcg each). Generic Mifepristone present in this kit works by blocking progesterone hormone leading to the dilation of the cervix. This causes the detachment of placental lining from the uterus resulting in the death of the fetus. Generic Misoprostol present in MTP kit is a synthetic prostaglandin E1, which works by contracting the uterus vigorously resulting in the elimination of death fetus from the uterus of the female.
Contraindications of MTP kit
- Do not consume this pill, if your pregnancy is more than 9 weeks.
- In the of pregnancy outside the uterus (ectopic pregnancy), MTP kit should not be used.
- If you are allergic to generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol, then you should avoid intake of this medicine.
Drug interactions of MTP kit
- Azole such as Ketoconazole,Itraconazole should not be consumed along with this kit as it restrains the metabolism of MTP kit resulting in increased serum level of Mifepristone.
- drugs such as Phenytoin, Carbamazepine should not be administered along with MTP kit as it may induce the metabolism of Mifepristone leading to decreased serum level of Mifepristone.
- If an antacid is consumed concomitantly with MTP kit, then it may severe diarrhea and vomiting.
Storage condition of MTP kit
You should store this kit in a cool and dry place at a room temperature of 250C. This medicine should be kept away from direct heat, and moisture. Keep this kit away from the reach of pets and children.
Procedure to consume MTP kit
Firstly, a female should ingest one pill of generic Mifepristone (200mg) along with sufficient amount of water.
After a time span of 3 days, a female should swallow four pills of generic Mifepristone (200 mcg each) in a single dose along with an ample amount of water.
On 14th day, you should visit a nearby doctor for the affirmation of pregnancy.
Intake of MTP kit may lead to various unwanted ill effects such as a severe headache, nausea, vomiting, changes in your menstrual periods, blurred vision, insomnia, loss of appetite, tired feeling, joint pain, swelling in your hands or feet , diarrhea , anxiety, dizziness, fever, and chills.
- You should always remove the device before consuming this medicine to prevent yourself from a infection.
- Take complete bed rest and eat a healthy and nutritious diet for faster recovery.
- Performing physical exercise and lifting of objects having weight should be avoided as it may lead to pain in the lower pelvic region.
- You should avoid performing intimacy session for at least two weeks after abortion to prevent vaginal infection and to prevent the chances of pregnancy after abortion.