Other benefits of using birth control pills-
- Treat moderate to severe acne
- Endometrial problem
- Dysmenorrheal (painful periods)
- Decreasing the risk of ovarian cysts, pelvic inflammatory disease and damaging of fallopian tubes
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Regularize their menstrual cycle
Dynamic working of birth control pills-
- It avoids the ovulation process in female (release of an egg from the ovary of a female)
- It creates the alterations in the cervical lining and makes the strong condition for sperm meet with an egg.
- Thickening of cervix fluid facilitates obstruction of sperm penetration and avoid the implantation.
Type of birth control pill
Example of birth control pills
Combined birth control pills
(Progesterone + Estrogen)
Yaz or Yasmin
Single progestin pill
Emergency contraceptive or morning after pill
Dosing schedule of Birth control pills-
Birth control pills available in 28 pills pack-
21 active pills (hormonal in nature) - yellow color
8 non-active pills (non-hormonal in nature) - white color
A woman should begin the intake of contraceptive pill on the first day of your menstrual cycle and she should continue to take a single hormonal tablet on a regular basis for 21 days without any gap and then she should initiate the intake of the single non-hormonal tablet on a daily basis for 7 days.
When you skip the dose of birth control?
- Don't skip any dose of birth control pill as it may increase the risk of pregnancy, but by mistake, you skip a single dose of birth control pill then you should take two tablets at the same time on the next day.
- If you skip 2 tablets then you should take 2-2 tablets on next consecutive days.
- If you miss taking 3 doses then discard the pack and again start a new pack.
Special note- Use Condom as a backup contraceptive method and it always reduces the risk of getting the sexually transmitted disease.
While using birth control pill, you may suffer several negative symptoms like Nausea, irregular menstruation (periods), mood swings, headache, missed periods, thinning of the endometrial lining, breast enlargement, sudden weight changes and eye problem.
In which conditions, birth control pill is not to be taken?
Almost every woman can easily take birth control pill, but under certain medical conditions, you should avoid the use of birth control pills like hypersensitivity towards generic Estrogen and Progesterone, migraine headache, blood clotting problem, neurological syndrome, cardiac disorders, hypertension, and difficulty in walking.
Important safety guidelines while using Birth control pills-
- Use of Antibiotics with birth control pills reduces the efficiency of the contraceptive pill. So, avoid intake of Antibiotics.
- Quit smoking and use of liquors with birth control pills as these may aggravate the adverse effects.
- If you vomit after use of birth control pill then always use a backup contraceptive method or consult your doctor.
- Girls under the age of 17 years are not eligible for the intake of birth control pills.
Why you purchase birth control pills online?
Buy Birth control pills (Yaz, Yasmin, Dianette, Mircette, Dronis, Femilon and Ovral L& G). Gain the benefits of home delivery and fastest shipping. Online shopping of birth control pills saves your valuable money and time; even they also keep your given information confidential.