Cutivate is a topical corticosteroid. Cutivate has anti inflammatory properties which causes reduction in the inflammation of the skin. The inflammation takes place when there is some allergic reaction or some substances release inside the body acting like an allergen resulting in the dilation of the blood vessels leading to red, itchy, swollen and painful skin surface.
Fluticasone, a steroid reduces the inflammation of the skin on applying topically. Therefore, Cutivate is a drug of choice in the skin problems like psoriasis, eczema.
Uses of Cutivate
Cutivate is indicated in the condition like:
- Inflammation of the skin like redness and scaly area.
- Applied to the thickened itchy skin.
- Eruption of the hard nodules causing itching.
- Itching occurs in wrist and lower back.
Method of usage
- A thin or even layer is applied on the affected area once or twice a day topically.
- Dressing is applied only if your doctor had advised to. The skin should be properly cleansed before the application.
- Hand should be washed properly after applying the cream, unless the hands are the concern to be treated.
- Until doctor doesn’t tell you to stop using the medicine, you should continue it further.
- If the medication is prescribed to the children, it should be applied only for 7-14 days.
- Cutivate and the moisturizers are not used simultaneously. Try to give a gap of at least 30 minutes between the both.
Conditions in which Cutivate is not use
There is some of the disease state in which the Cutivate is not recommended.
- In case of pregnancy and breast feeding, the use of Cutivate is restricted.
- Children under the age of 3 months.
- Infection related to virus like chicken pox.
- In bacterial infection, Cutivate is not used.
- Cutivate is not applied in the area of the anus and genital organs.
- Any inflammation in the mouth if occurs, fluticasone is not used.
Affects of other medicine
Cutivate doesn’t have known drug interactions. But there are some points which should be kept in mind while having other drugs with cutivate.
You should tell your doctor if you are using the other medicaments. This might be possible that there are some chances of some interactions.
The concurrent use of moisturizer with the cutivate should be avoided. This is so because the moisturizer diluted the effect of corticosteroid and decreasing its effect.
Different person shows different side effect on having the same medicament.
- Skin pigmentation is reduced.
- Occurrence of stretch marks.
- Skin thinning.
- Unwanted hair growth.
- Irritation to skin.
Missing a dose
In case you forget to apply the medicine, use it as soon as possible when it comes into your remembrance. But do not practice to apply the dose simultaneous. Avoid the forgotten dose if it is the time of next dose is arrived.
Excess of a drug whether it is Cutivate or any other, is not acceptable. In the circumstances of overdosing, the doctor should be consulted immediately without any delay.
Warnings related to Cutivate
- If you are using the corticosteroid in higher amount, it gets absorbed in the body in increase level. This results in having side effects. Hence long term usage of Cutivate is not appreciable.
- Precaution should be taken that the Cutivate doesn’t come in contact with eyes, mouth or nose. If it happens, immediately rinse the expose part.
- Moisturizer and Cutivate should not be considered as same. They are both different. So don’t use Cutivate as a moisturizer.
- Cutivate is strictly used externally.
The drug is placed in cool and dry place. Children should not reach that place where the medicine is procured. Cutivate should be avoided to come in contact with heat, moisture and light.
|Generic||Fluticasone (floo tik a sone) Topical|
|Strength||Cutivate - Fluticasone .005% Ointment (20gm Tube)|