It is mostly used as a contraceptive medication. It consists of two active ingredients, Cyproterone acetate and Ethinylestradiol. Route of administration of this medication is oral with a glass of water. Dianette is available in tablet form. Dosage of this medication should be decided by your doctor only.
Cyproterone acetate is a synthetic derivative of progesterone, and Ethinylestradiol, is a synthetic derivative of Oestrogen. Dianette works by counteracting the maturation and release of eggs from the ovaries in females. It also enhance the thickness of the mucus exists in the Cervix, that is responsible for the blockage of the movement of the sperms. Thus the sperm do not reach into the vagina.
The one of the active ingredient of this medicine is Cyproterone Acetate that has an anti androgenic property. These hormones are synthesized in the female body also. These hormones are also responsible for the growth of the skin, oil gland and the hair growth on the skin. Oil glands produce oils present in the skin. This medication works in the acne or pimple by blocking the sebaceous glands.
Uses of Dianette:
This medicine is used in acne, abnormal hair growth, and as a contraceptive pill.
Side Effects of Dianette:
The common side effects of this medication are:
Mild side effects
- Cramps in stomach.
- Feeling sick, being sick.
- Breast enlargement.
- Loss of interest in sex.
- Changes in weight
The only major serious side effect of dianette is thrombosis. Thrombosis is the condition referred by the formation of blood clot in blood vessels.
Drug Interaction of Dianette:
All the medication shows some drug interaction. Dianette also has some drug interactions, like:
Contraindications of Dianette:
Dianette is prohibited in the following medical conditions.
- If you are allergic to ingredient of Dianette.
- If the patient have deep vein thrombosis.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are breast feeding.
- If you are a patient of liver or kidney disease.
- In the patient of gall stone and obese.
- History of breast cancer.
- In the patient of sickle cell anemia and Jaundice.
Precaution taken for Dianette:
One should follow some precautions during the use of Dianette to avoid unnecessary complications.
- The age of the patient should be more than 35 years.
- If you have any history of cardiac disease.
- If you are obese.
- If you are experiencing high blood pressure, diabetes, migraine, or have a disease called varicose veins.
- Tell if you have epilepsy, osteoporosis or kidney problem
Always store this medication out of the touch of children and pets. Keep this medicine at room temperature below 30 degree C. Do not keep Dianette in contact with light and moisture. The storage temperature should be below 30°C.
Missed dose and Overdose:
Patient should take doctor’s advice in case of missed dose and overdose.
|Strength||Cyproterone Acetate 2mg + Ethinyl estradiol .035mg|