Dorzox is an eye drop which acts by exhibiting anti-adrenergic blocker in the patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension. It acts by reducing the ocular pressure caused by liquid known as aqueous humor. The exact mechanism is not clear.
The active ingredient of this medication is Dorzolamide and Timolol Maleate. It can be used by both males and females. This medication is supplied in liquid form.
Uses of Dorzox Eye Drop:
Dorzox Eye Drops is indicated in the treatment of glaucoma to reduce intraocular pressure. It is one of the potential medicines used to manage or to relieve the symptoms associated to glaucoma.
Dosage and Administration of Dorzox:
This eye drop is used as the other eye drops. The most recommended dose is 1 droplet in each affected eye, which should be applied 1-3 times in a day. After applying your dose, close your eyes for 1-2 minutes to let the medicine absorbed in the eyes properly. However, you should always follow the instructions given by your doctor.
Drug Interactions of Dorzox eye drop:
Like other medication may interact with some drugs like;
- Herbal products
This list is not complete. You should always tell your doctor if you are taking any other medication before using any dose of Dorzox.
Side effects of Dorzox:
Dorzox Eye Drop works wonderful. It is well-tolerated by human. The side effects of this medication are usually very mild and exist for short time. But you should always tell your doctor if you catch any of the following symptoms:
- Blurry vision
- Sensitivity to light
Precautions and Warning:
- Do not use this medication if you are allergic to any ingredient of this medication.
- Take immediate medical help if you develop any sensitivity or irritation during the use of this medication.
- Call your doctor immediately if you catch serious symptom like hives, difficulty in breathing, swelling, chest pain or rashes on the skin.
- Use this eye drop only according to instruction of your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you have any other health issues.
- Dosage and duration should be decided by your physician, depending on the age and severity of the condition.
- Always in form your doctor if you are under other drugs.
You can take the missed dose as soon as you recall it. Do not take your missed dose near the schedule of next dose. Do not take a double dose.
Do not take any overdose to compensate the missed dose because it can cause serious complication for you. In case if you take an overdose, call your doctor immediately to take immediate medical help.
Always store this medication below the temperature below 30 degree C. Keep dorzox eye drop out of the reach of children and pets.
|Strength||Eye Drop 2% (5 ml)|