Timolol is a non-selective beta blocker which is popular in decreasing increased ocular function. The active ingredient of this medication is Timolol malaet. It is a generic medicine, works by suppressing the activity of sympathetic nervous system. It wonderfully helps in managing the symptoms of glaucoma and ocular hypertension, preventing the serious complications like visual defects or blindness.
This medication is supplied in liquid form and can be applied easily by the patients. It is available at a very reasonable price. This medication shows a potent beneficial action, that is why it is used by a huge amount of patients. You can buy Timolol eye drop online at our one of the reliable pharmacy www.drugpillsmart.com or from your nearest chemist shop.
Indication of Timolol Eye Drop:
Timolol eye drop is used in the following conditions, such as:
- Open-angle glaucoma
- Ocular hypertension
- Secondary and aphakic glaucoma
- Treatment of glaucoma in children
Dosage should be applied according to the doctor’s advice. The most recommended dose is one drop of solution in the affected eye, twice daily. Duration is 4 weeks, but it may vary depending on the severity of the condition. It should be used as per your ophthalmologist’s instruction to get the positive result.
Drug interactions of Timolol Eye Drop:
Timolol eye drop can interact with other medications and lead to some problems. So it is advised to talk to your ophthalmologist about all the medications if you are taking. Some of the drug interactions are:
- CYP2D6 inhibitors like, Quinidine and SSRIs.
- Calcium channel blockers.
- Medication or eye drop containing similar ingredients.
- Verapaml, Deltiaezn etc.
- Prescribed drugs.
- Non-prescribed drugs.
- Herbal products.
These are only some of the example drug interaction, not all. So, it is strongly advised to tell your doctor if you are under any other medication.
All drugs including eye medicines can lead to some side effects. The severity and type of the side effects varies people to people. So you should consult your health care provider if you catch any side effects. Some of the possible side effects are:
- Blurred vision
- Dry eyes
- Irritation in your eye
- Increased tear production
- Itching, or stinging
Seek immediate medical help if you catch severe side effects, such as:
- Serious allergic reactions such as hives, rashes, breathing problems or swelling in the face, mouth, lips or neck.
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Eye discharge
- Eyelid pain
- Tachycardia or increased heart rate
- Vision problem
The above list does not contain all the side effects of Timolol eye drop. So call your doctor if you develop any other side effects.
Do take your missed dose at the time of next schedule. Take the missed dose if only it is remembered at least 4-5 hours before the next dose.
Over dose may cause some complications like irritation, pain, dizziness or nausea. In case of over dose, call your doctor to take medical help.
It is strongly recommended to talk to your doctor before using timolol eye drop. Some of the important steps that should be followed during the use of this medication are:
- Avoid touch the dropper tip of the solution because it may cause bacterial contamination that can trigger eye infection. If it happens, you should immediately contact to your doctor.
- Patients with cardiac problem should always consult their doctor before using this medication.
- Caution should be taken in concomitant use of Timolol with other beta blockers.
- Do not use this medication if you are hypersensitive to any ingredient of this medication.
The storage temperature of Timolol eye drop should always be at room temperature or below 30 degree C. Keep this medication out of the reach of children. Discard the opened bottle of the solution after 30 days. Protect the solution from sunlight and heat, keeping it a dry and cool place.
|Generic||Timolol Maleate Ophthalmic|
|Strength||Timolol Maleate Eye Drops - .5% (5ml Bottle)|