The active and prime ingredient of this eye solution is Latanoprost. It shows function and exerts by decreasing the pressure in the eye. It happens due to the control of the amount of fluid caused by the drainage from the eyes. Thus it helps in open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
Latanoprost is aprostaglandin analogue, which helps improve the liquid flow of the eye and protect the eyes from damage from various eye disorders.
Latanoprost is one of the demanded medications used for eye problem across the world. It is available at a very cheap price with supreme qualities.
Latanoprost is used in the following dosage:
For Glaucoma: 1 drop of solution daily at bed time.
For Hypotrichosis or eyelash growth: 1 drop of the medication should be applied on the upper eyelid at bed time.
Method to use:
Always shake the bottle of the eye drop well before using it. Wash your hands before applying or using it. Use the applicator that is provided with the pack to use this medication. Avoid touching the tip of the bottle to prevent contamination.
Apply the missed dose as soon as you recall. Do not apply twice in a day to compensate the missed dose.
In case of overdose, take emergency medical assistance. Do not exceed the dose more than one drop.
Latanoprost can create some unwanted annoying side effects. Some of the common side effects are itching, dry eyes, burning of the eyes, vision problem, conjunctivitis, irritation, discharge from the eyes.
Call your doctor at once if you catch the symptoms like allergic reactions that includes redness of the eyes, blurred vision, itching, eyes pain or swelling of the eyes,.
Precautions and Contra-indication of Latanoprost eye drop:
This medication should be used with caustion to achieve a successful result. Some of the important steps you should remember during the use of this eye solution are:
- Patients with ypersensitivity to the Latanoprost.
- Do not give this medication in the children under the age of 12 years.
- Remove your contact lenses minimum 10minutes before applying the eye drops.
- Avoid touching the tip of the bottle of Latanoprost eye drop because it can cause bacterial contamination that leads to eye infection.
- Always close the lid of the container quickly after you apply it.
- You should always dispose the applicator after each use.
- Contact your doctor at once if you have any eye problem during the use of this medication.
|Generic||Latanoprost Eye Drops|
|Strength||Latanoprost Eye Drops|