Nicorette is an anti-smoking agent that is very useful for the people who have addiction of smoking. It is supplied in the form of gums and lozenges.
Nicirette functions by releasing nicotine which gets absorbed in the body. They bind with the nicotine receptors. Thus they reduce the craving and also gives you relieve from the withdrawal symptoms.
Nicorette is a FDA approved medication and is available in your nearest medical shop. You can also buy Nicorette online at from our most reliable online shop www.drugpillsmart.com .
You should always use this anti-smoking agent according to your doctor’s advice.
Uses if Nicorette:
Nicorette is used for cessation of smoking.
Use and Dosage of Nicorette:
Nicorette should be used as part of the anti-smoking treatment program along with the other suuportive therapy such counseling, psychological therapy or behavioral modification program. To use Nicorette, you should follow the steps are:
- Chew the gum. Stop chewing when your mount starts to tingling. Then keep the gum in between your gum and cheek. Leave it that place until the tingly feeling goes.
- Slowly start to chew again till tingly feeling comes again. Place the gum in another place of the mouth in the same manner.
- Remove the gum after half-n-hour. You can keep it up to 60 minutes if you have strong craving of smoking.
- Do not take another Nicorette gum just after finishing the previous one because it can cause side effects like nausea, heartburn etc.
- The recommended dose of this medication is 9 gums in a day, which should be used for 6 weeks.
- Do not exceed the dose more than 9 gums in a day.
- Keep the Nicorette lozenge in one place of your mouth and let it get dissolved I 25-30 minutes. Do not chew or swallow the lozenge. Change the place of lozenge in your mouth.
- It is obvious to get a tingly feeling in your mouth.
- For best results, you can use up to 9 lozenges in a day.
Side Effects of Nicorette:
Take emergency help from your doctor if you catch the following symptoms, like;
- Breathing problem
- Swelling in the mouth, lips, tongue or face
- Increased heart rate
- Extreme tiredness and weakness
Some common or less serious side effects are:
- Dry mouth
- Stomach problem
- Sore throat
- Muscle or joint pain
This list of side effects may not complete. So, it is recommended to contact your doctor if you develop any other symptom.
Drug Interactions of Nicorette:
Always tell your doctor if you are taking any other medication because Nicorette can interacts with some other drugs, like:
- Medications contain Phenylephrine
- Asthma medication
This list is not complete. Nicorette may interact with other medication also. So, we strongly suggest you to tell your physician if you are under any other drugs.
Missed dose and Overdose:
Nicorette is used as per the need. So, there is no problem with a missed dose. Always remember not to exceed Nicorette dose up to 2024 gums or lozenges.
Precautions and Contra-indications of Nicorette:
Always remember some important things while you are using Nicorette gum or lozenge:
- Avoid Nicorette if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do take this anti-smoking agent if you have high blood pressure, cardiac diseases, dental problems, liver diseases, kidney diseases, thyroid problems or diabetes.
- Tell your doctor if you have medical conditions like adrenal gland tumour, breathing problem etc.
- Always take advice from your health care provider I you are under low-salt diet.
- Do not take this medication if you are under other drug containing nicotine.
- Do not extent the duration of this medication more than 12 weeks without consulting with your doctor.
Store this medication at room temperature. Keep this medication out of the reach of children and pets. Dispose the unused gums and lozenges properly so that children cannot touch those.
|Generic||Nicotine Polacrilex Gum|
|Strength||Nicorette 2mg Freshmint Chewing Gum - 10 Pieces/Pack|