Ovral G works by various ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy in female by following ways
- It inhibits ovulation
- It alters the mucous consistency of the cervix, making it difficult for the sperm to enter into the uterus.
- It avoids the implantation of the impregnated egg by stopping the thickening of the lining of endometrium.
How to take this drug?
Ovral G pack contains 21 active pills and 7 dummy pills. Women, who want to avoid getting pregnant, should advise to take one tablet of Ovral G orally with or without food for 21 days regularly. Start taking the tablet from the first day of your menstrual cycle or from the first sunday after the menstrual cycle. Ensure to take this drug per day at the same time to avoid the chance of missing any dose.
What to do in case of missed dose?
If you come to know about the missed dose within 12 hours, take the dose as soon as you come to know about it. If you missed more than 1 dose, take extra backup to prevent pregnancy, at least for 7 days such as condom along with taking your scheduled dose.
Undesirable side effects
Nausea, vomiting, problematic acne or pimple, heavy vaginal blood flow between periods, headache, abdominal cramping, missed/uneven periods, vaginal discomfort, irritation, increased vaginal fluids, or breast soreness/extension, fatigue.
- Avoid the intake of certain drug while taking Ovral G such as paracetamol, antibiotics, anti-epileptic drugs, HIV drugs, ascorbic acid, modafinil, dexamethasone,
- Don’t take this drug in case of pregnancy or breast feeding.
- Female having any sensitivity to orgestrel/ethinyl estradiol or having a history of heart disease or blood clot, should not take this drug.
- Ovral G may make you sleepy. So until you know how to react don’t the work which require alertness.
- Ovral G may cause pigmentation on the skin. To prevent the skin dark patches, it is advised to apply sunscreen or wear protective clothes.
- Ovral G doesn’t provide any protection against the sexually transmitted disease.
|Generic||Ethinyl Estradiol, Norgestrel|
|Strength||Ethinyl Estradiol, Norgestrel|