Ovral L is considered as a one of the beat and trusted contraceptive medication that consists of powerful active ingredients such as levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol.
You should always remember one important point while taking this medication that it does not protect you from any STDs like AIDS or HIV. Ovral L can give you the best contraceptive result if you take it under strict supervision of your health care provider.
Ovral L pills work in contraception process by suppressing the natural ovulation. It stops the release of an egg from the ovary. It happens by thickening of the layer of cervical mucus which further creates difficulty for the eggs to fertilize and adherence of the egg with uterine lining. Thus it helps in the prevention of pregnancy.
It is important for the patient to discuss about the safety and efficacy of the drug with her health care provider before initiating any dose of this medication.
Dosage of Ovral L should be always prescribed by your doctor because he/she only knows about the best suited medication for you.
Ovral L is advised to take if you are not using any other contraceptive medication since last one month. The recommended initial dose of this medication should be taken on the first day of the menstrual cycle, recommended by your doctor.
Some of the common side effects of Ovral L are given below:
- Mild nausea and vomiting
- Stomach cramps
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Darkening of facial skin
- Loss of hair
- Weight gain
- Vaginal discharge
- Abnormality in the monthly cycles
- Migraines or headaches
- Lightheadedness or tiredness
Note: Contact your doctor, if you develop any other side effects during the use of this medication.
Since this medication composed of Levonorgestrel - ethinyl estradiol, so it may interact with many other drugs. Some of the drug interactions of Ovral-L are mentioned here:
- Alcohol, caffeine
This list is not completed. So please tell your doctor if you are taking any other mediation.
You should always take some protective measures during the use of any medicine to avoid serious complications. Like you should remember some important steps before using ovral L. such as: coronary artery disease is diagnosed or ever had it;
- Discusse with your doctor before taking any dose if you are having any problem related to your heart valves.
- Tell your doctor if you are experiencing high lood pressure, cardiac issues, renal issues, liver problems, diabetes, thyroid problem or tumour related to your uterus.
- Tell your physician if you have blood disorders or any diseases of blood associated to blood vessels like thrombophlebitis.
- Avoid this drug if you are experiencing excessive vaginal bleeding.
- Do not take Ovral L if you are allergic to any ingredient of this medication.
- Inform your doctor if you are under any medication because some medication cannot be used along with Ovral L.
- During the use of this medication, if you notice any bothersome symptoms, please take immediate medical help.
- Patient under the age of 18 years should not take this medication.
- Tell your doctor before using this medication if you are breast-feeding.
Missed dose and overdose:
In case of missed dose and an overdose, it is strictly advised to call your doctor to get the proper guidance. Do not take an extra because it can increase the risk of side effects.
Call your physician at once if you take an overdose.
Always keep Ovral L out of the reach of children and domestic pets. Store it under the temperature of 30 degree C and protect it from sunlight and heat because it can spoil the integrity of the chemicals of the medicine.
|Generic||LEVONORGESTREL (LEE-voe-nor-jess-trel) & ETHINYL ESTRADIOL (ETH-in-il ess-tra-DYE-ole)|
|Strength||LEVONORGESTREL & ETHINYL ESTRADIOL (.15/.03mg)|