Paraflex contains chlorzoxazone which is believed to act at the spinal cord level and sub cortical areas of the brain where it stops multisynatic reflex arcs which is involved in producing and maintaining skeletal muscle spasms.
The usual adult dose for Paraflex is 250 mg to 750 mg orally three to four times a day. The usual for pediatric dose for muscle spasms is 125 mg to 500 mg three to four times a day. Paraflex tablets are available in bottles containing either 25 or 100 tablets per bottle.
What is the possible side effect of the medication?
There are some possible side effects which are seen and common in nature. The most common side effects include dizziness, drowsiness, lightheadedness, nausea, nervousness and over stimulation. If the side effects persist for a longer time, contact your doctor. There may be cases of severe side effects which include severe allergic reaction like rash, hives, itching, difficulty in breathing , tightness in the chest, black, tarry stool, unusual nausea, vomiting, dark urine , pale stools and weight loss. All the severe side effects should be immediately reported to the doctor.
Certain safety measures
Before starting with Paraflex 250 mg:
- If you are allergic to Paraflex or any ingredients of Paraflex it should be clarified to the doctor before.
- All the prescription and nonprescription which you are taking should be disclosed to your physician before you a start talking Paraflex 250 mg.
- In case of mild to severe hepatic impairment, tell your doctor so that he could decide the dose as per the intensity of the disease.
- In case you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast feeding should be discussed with your doctor.
- After taking Paraflex 250 mg, you may feel drowsy so avoid driving while you are on Paraflex 250 mg.
- If you are a regular alcohol consumer tell your doctor as the alcohol could mask the condition a bit worse.
- In case you have allergies to medicine, food and other substances tell your doctor immediately.
- In case of blood disease called porphyria consult your doctor advice immediately.
What are few contraindications?
- If you are hypersensitive to Paraflex or any ingredients of Paraflex you should not consume Paraflex 250 mg.
- Stop taking Sodium Oxybate along with Paraflex 250 mg as it is strictly prohibited.
What is the safety information you should know?
- Paraflex is believed to cause dizziness, drowsiness or lightheadedness. So do not drive or do any unsafe tasks which might lead to accidents.
- You should not take alcohol because both of medication can cause immense drowsiness and effects the safety factors.
- Paraflex 250 mg should be used with safety measures in case of children.
- Paraflex should be used with extreme caution in elderly people as they may be sensitive to it.
In case of extra dose
If you have taken extra dose the symptoms may include diarrhea, difficulty in breathing, light headedness, nausea, sluggishness, dizziness, drowsiness, vomiting and weak muscles. So when there is an overdose call your physician immediately and seek medical immediately.
When you have missed a dose?
In case of missed dose take it as soon as possible. However if it’s time for the next dose skip the missed dose and take your regular dose. No need of taking extra dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage of Paraflex 250 mg
Paraflex should be stored in a tightly closed container and should be kept out of reach from children. The medication should be stored at room temperatures in a cool and dry place. The medication which is expired or outdated should be discarded properly.
|Generic||CHLORZOXAZONE-(klor zox a zone)|
|Strength||Paraflex - CHLORZOXAZONE 250mg|