Tretinoin is the active constituent of the Retin-A Micro Cream. It works by causing the skin’s outer layer to grow more quickly. It also helps to replace the skin’s outer layer with new skin cells. This is the mechanism by which it reduces the formation of blackheads, whiteheads and other acne lesions. This medicine takes few weeks to improve acne and the full effects of this drug may not be seen for 8-10 weeks.
Uses of Retin-A Micro Cream:
It is used to treat acne. It also promotes quick healing of pimples. It works by decreasing the number and severity of acne and pimples. It is also used to treat dark spots and rough skin on the face caused by the UV rays.
Doses of Retin-A Micro Cream:
- Apply small amount of Retin-A Micro Cream to the affected areas in night after washing skin.
- Rub it gently into the skin and permit to air dry disclosed.
- At once rinse your hands after use and place the tube away in a safe place.
- Do not apply the Cream to lips, mucous membranes and close to eyes.
- Do not use this drug with the medications that cause peeling or drying.
Adverse Effects of Retin-A Micro Cream:
Common side effects of this Cream include:
- Sensation of warmth or harsh sensation may occur after application.
- Irritation, Dryness, Burning, Scaling
- Severe burning/swelling of the skin
- Skin discoloration
- Some serious side effects of this drug may include:
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Precautions for Retin-A Micro Cream:
Some of the precautionary measures for this Cream are as follows:
- Do not use this cream if you are having a history of eczema.
- Avoid sun exposure and sunlamps.
- Use carefully nears the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid extreme weathers such as wind or cold it may cause irritation to skin.
- Retin-A Micro Cream is for external use only.
Drug Interactions Retin-A Micro Cream:
There are some drugs or products that may interact with Retin-A Micro cream:
- The drug may have the interactions with the formulations that contain the benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, sulphur.
- Interacts with hair curling solutions, formulation with alcohol/lime/menthol, abrasive soaps and cleansers, alpha hydroxyl acid, other cosmetics products, etc.
Contraindications Retin-A Micro Cream:
- Do not use this Cream if you are allergic to Tretinoin or any other inactive constituent of this drug.
- Avoid waxing for hair removal while using this cream.
- Do not use with sulfur or salicylic acid containing products.
- This drug is contraindicated in pregnancy.
In case you missed any dose of Retin-A Micro Cream:
Apply the missed dose of Retin-A Micro Cream as soon as you remember. Do not double a dose to make up for the missed dose under any circumstances.
Over Dose of Retin-A Micro Cream:
Overdose of Retin-A Micro Cream will not cause any serious problems.
- If it unintentionally comes in contact with the eyes then flush the eyes with water instantly.
- If Retin-A Micro Cream is by chance swallowed, straightaway encourage emesis and gastric lavage.
Storage of Retin-A Micro Cream:
It should be stored at room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Stay away from heat, moisture and light.