What is Xanax?
Xanax is a medicament used in the management of anxiety and panic disorder. This type of disorder mainly occurs due to depression. At present time, most of the people are suffering from depression. This drug can also be used by patient to reduce fear and anxiety before surgical operation. It is also used in irritable bowel syndrome. Alprazolam is a chief active constituent present in Xanax. Xanax belongs to the drug class Benzodiazepines. This drug binds to the neurotransmitter GABA in the brain and causes hyper polarization of cells membrane and decrease the abnormal excitement in the brain.
What are the major contraindications linked with Alprazolam?
- If you have any kind of allergy use of Alprazolam is avoided.
- This medicine should not consumed by alcohol addicted person.
- Xanax is contraindicated in kidney, liver and heart disease.
- If a person has glaucoma this medicine is not advisable.
- This medicament should not be used with herbal products.
What are the drug interactions of Xanax?
- It is not used with antifungal drug (Sporanox).
- It is not taken with Antipsychotic medicine (Haldol).
- The therapeutic activity of Alprazolam is reduced if it is used with Aminophylline.
- Use of Alprazolam with Bacleofen, increase adverse effects.
- Xanax shows interaction with barbiturates (Luminal).
What is the storage condition for this medicine?
It should be stored in air tight container at room temperature. Keep away from the excess of children. Keep this medicine at dark place and away from heat and moisture.
What is the dosage of Xanax?
The initial dose of Xanax 1.5 mg is taken orally with a glass of water. Take one tablet in a day with or without food. The maximum dose of this drug is 4mg in a day and minimum 0.25mg. We can increase or decrease the dose according to the patient situation.
What happen in case of miss dose?
If you miss the dose of Xanax then immediately take a dose. And if time gap is more between miss dose and regular dose then skip the miss dose. Do not take double dose.
What happen in case of over dose?
If you see the symptoms like muscle weakness, loss of balance, confusion and fainting then immediately call a doctor and take a help from poison control.
What are the possible side effects of Alprazolam?
The general side effects which occur by using of Xanax are: felling anxious early in the morning, thoughts of suicide, memory problems, hallucination, depressed mood, breathing problem, difficulty in speech and low blood pressure.
What are the special precaution should we take before using this drug?
- Xanax is not use by asthma patient.
- This medicine is not taken with grape fruit or juice.
- Alprazolam is not used if a person is driving or using machinery.
- The use of this drug is avoided in case of pregnancy.
- This drug is also not used in dental surgery.
|Strength||Tranax (Xanax) - Alprazolam Tablets|