Valif tablets 20mg contain drug vardenafil that acts on the erectile tissue of penis to increase blood flow and causes erection. When sexual stimulation occurs, nitric oxide is released in the erectile tissue of penis which activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase. The enzyme increases levels of a chemical called cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP), which relaxes the blood vessels of the penis and this allowed blood to fill the spongy erectile tissues to cause an erection. Another enzyme called phosphodiesterase type 5(PDE5) breaks down the cGMP preventing blood flow into the penis which causes loss of erection. Now these tablets inhibit the action of PDE5 which resolves erectile dysfunction by allowing the natural process of sexual stimulation to activate the cGMP mechanism for achieving and maintaining erection.
How to use:
One tablet of 20mg should be taken with a glass of water approximately 30-60min before the sexual activity with or without food. The effect of these tablets lasts for 4 -5 hours after taking tablet. One tablet should be taken in a day.
The uses of the medication are:
- Valif tablets 20mg are used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men, the disorder in which man is unable to maintain a hard erect penis suitable for sexual activity, due to improper blood flow to the penis.
Various drug interactions shown by this medication are as follows:
- Nitrate medication such as nitroglycerine for angina, alpha blockers like terazosin or doxazosin, verapamil or diltiazem causes a serious drug reaction with Valif.
- Cimetidine (for treating ulcers), antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, Itraconazole or ketoconazole (for fungal infections), ritonavir etc. affects valif 20mg.
- Doxazosin for benign prostatic hyperplasia are much affected by Valif.
These tablets are strictly contraindicated in the following cases:
- If the person is taking any nitrate medication such as nitroglycerine for angina
- If there is a condition where sexual intercourse is advisable due to cardiovascular or heart problems.
- If the person is having high or low blood pressure.
- If the person is suffering from any eye disease like non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy, which causes loss of vision.
- If the person is taking any medication that can interact with Valif or can increase the risk of side effects, including cimetidine for treating ulcers.
Some of the precautionary measures that are need to be followed while using this medication is:
The drug should be used with caution in conditions-
- If the person is allergic to the drug.
- If the person has liver or kidney disease.
Some of the common side effects associated with the use of this medication are:
Headache, dizziness or light headedness, flushing, nasal decongestion, dyspepsia(heart burn, nausea, increased tear formation causing watery eyes, changes in blood pressure, sleepiness, dyspnea, pain.
Overdosing of the medication should not be done. In case if overdosing symptoms appears, visit to the nearest hospital immediately.
The medication is not to be used for regular purpose. It should be taken only when a person plan for sex. But if person is engaged in sexual activity and forget to take the medication, one should take it as he gets remember.
The Valif tablets 20mg should be kept in the blister pack and store in a cool and dry place where temperature is below 300C.
|Generic||Valif 20 MG - Vardenafil|
|Strength||Valif 20 MG - Vardenafil|