Chantix or Champix is a non-nicotine drug. It works by blocking the nicotine receptors and prevents nicotine to enter there. The active ingredients of this drug competes with nicotine to bind at the receptors of nicotine So, when it binds with receptors, it reduce the effects of nicotine.
Champix is not only good for reduction of the nicotine withdrawal symptoms but also works well in getting rid of the habit of smoking.
This drug should be stored at room temperature below 30 degree C. Keep it out of the reach of kids and pets.
This medicine is available in your nearest pharmacy. You can also buy Chantix online from our website www.drugpillsmart.com.
Uses of Champix/Chantix:
CHANTIX is used for quitting the addiction of smoking. It is used I combination of counseling and other behavior modifications or psychological treatment to quit smoking.
Dsage and administration of Chantix:
Chantix is a prescription medication. You should always take this medication according to the advice of your doctor. While using Chantix, follow these instructions carefully:
- You need to decide a date from which you will start stop smoking.
- You should tell your physician and start to take Chantix one week before that because this drug takes one week to start acting in your body.
- Do always start with a low dose. Then gradually increase your dose according to your tolerability. It is better to take advice regarding the dose.
- Take the drug with water only after your meal.
- The most recommended dose of this drug is 1 mg, twice daily. But you should start the dose for first 3 days at the strength of 0.5 mg, once daily.
- From the fourth to seventh day, maintain the dose as 0.5 mg, twice daily.
- On the eight day, increase the dose up to 1 mg twice daily, according to your tolerability. This should under the instruction of your doctor.
- Treatment should be continued for 12 weeks.
- After this duration, if the result is not positive, your doctor will ask you to continue the treatment for another 12 weeks. Do not loss your patience because it is natural in quitting smoking procedure. Sooner, you will get a positive result.
Side Effects of Chantix:
CHANTIX is well-tolerated by human body. This anti-smoking drug does not cause any serious side effect. Some of the common adverse effects that occurs only in 30% users, are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhoea and Abdominal problem
- Trouble in concentrating
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Bad dreams
- Muscle and joint pain
- Back pain
Call your doctor immediately if you have symptoms like allergic reactions such as breathing problem, redness, swelling of lips, face, throat or tongue. Some serious but rare symptoms that need urgent medical care are:
- Chest pain
- Serious skin problem
- Numbness of one side the body
- Difficulty in speaking
- Leg pain
Drug Interactions of Chantix:
Drugs causes interactions with CHANTIX are:
- Other anti-smoking drugs like ZYBAN.
- NICOTINIC patch.
- Anti-coagulants such as ticlopidine, clopidogrel, Coumadin, warfarin.
- Drugs used for asthma
Note: Always remember to discuss with your doctor before starting a dose of Chantix if you are under any prescription and over the counter medicines.
Take your medicine in a regular basis. If you forget the dose, take it as soon as you remember it at the same day. Do not take a double the dose.
Seek emergency medical help immediately in case of overdose.
Precautions and Contra-indications:
- Always take the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are a patient of any psychiatric disorder.
- Don’t consume alcohol during the treatment with Chantix.
- Avoid this drug if you are allergic to CHAMPIX.
- Tell your doctor if you are a patient of heart attack, ischemia, blood disorders, angina or any other disease.
- Discuss with your physician if you are experiencing any psychiatric problem like schizophrenia, depression, suicidal thoughts while taking this drug.
- You doctor will adjust the dose of this drug if you have any liver or kidney disease; particularly in elderly patients.
- Tell your health care provider if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not take it if you are under the age of 18 years.
|Strength||Starter Pack - ( 11 Tabs x .5mg + 14 Tabs x 1mg )|