Doxycycline belongs to a class of tetracycline antibiotics. Doxycycline prevents the bacterial cell growth by preventing translation, a stage in protein synthesis inside the bacteria. The drug interferes in the protein synthesis by binding itself to the 30S ribosomal subunit and prevents the amino-acyl tRNA (compound required for protein synthesis) from binding to the ribosomes. This results in the inhibition of bacterial cell growth. Hence it is used in bacterial infections. It is also used in acne rosacea, traveller’s diarrhea, serious symptoms of malaria, inflammation of gums and mouth, dilation of the blood vessels of the eye and Lyme disease. It is also used in the treatment of infection caused by leptospira bacteria.
Uses of Vibra Tabs:
- It is used to treat bacterial infections such as acne, urinary tract infection, eye infections, intestinal contagions, gonorrhea, periodontitis and others.
- It is also used in the treatment of bumps, blemishes and acne-like lesions caused by rosacea.
- It is also used in traveller’s diarrhea, serious symptoms of malaria, inflammation of gums and mouth, dilation of the blood vessels of the eye and Lyme disease.
- It is also used in the treatment of infection caused by leptospira bacteria.
Doses of Vibra Tabs:
Initial dose of Doxycycline is used in tablet form at a dose of 200 mg orally on the first day, given in 2 divided doses. And then 100 mg orally per day in 2 divided doses as a maintenance dose. In case of more severe infections it is given at a dose of 100 mg orally every 12 hours.
Adverse Effects of Vibra Tabs:
Commonly seen side effects of Vibra Tabs are as follows:
- Back pain
- Cracks in the skin
- Decrease in vision
- Trouble breathing
- General body swelling
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Pale skin
- Redness of the skin
Some serious side effects of Vibra Tabs are as follows:
- Fast heartbeat
- Feeling of discomfort
- Tightness in the chest
- Sore throat
- Unusual weight loss
Precautions for Vibra Tabs:
- Avoid using this drug if you are having history of trouble swallowing, esophagus problems such as hiatal hernia or reflux/heartburn.
- Do not exposed to sun for longer duration as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- Avoid using in children younger than 8 years of age as side effects of this medicine are more in children.
Drug Interactions Vibra Tabs:
Some of the drugs that may interact with doxycycline are as follows:
- Retinoids such as acitretin and isotretinoin
- Barbiturates such as phenobarbital
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
- Anti-seizure medications such as phenytoin and carbamazepine
- Live bacterial vaccines
Contraindications Vibra Tabs:
- This drug is contraindicated in pregnancy as it may harm the unborn baby.
- Do not take Vibra Tabs if you are allergic to doxycycline or any other inactive constituent of this drug.
- Do not use this drug if you are allergic to other tetracycline antibiotics.
- Do not breastfeed while taking this medication.
- Avoid using doxycycline if you are suffering from myasthenia gravis.
In case you missed any dose of Vibra Tabs:
If you forget to take the dose of Vibra Tabs, you may be able to take the missed dose when you remember. Don't take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Over Dose of Vibra Tabs:
Consult to your Doctor in case of overdose of Vibra Tabs as side effects of Vibra Tabs are severe than that of the other drugs. The symptoms of overdose include diarrhea and skin rashes.
Storage of Vibra Tabs:
Vibra Tabs are to be stored at room temperature below 25 degree C. Store away from heat, moisture and light. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
|Generic||Doxycycline Hyrdochloride 100mg|